Common Chiropractic Techniques for Back and Neck Pain
Chiropractic care is an alternative form of medicine primarily aimed at disorders of the musculoskeletal and nervous systems. Whether it is the result of age, poor habits, or injury, neck pain and back pain can culminate into big problem that affects your life and daily activities. At Bakke Chiropractic Clinic in Tacoma, WA, we can help you live a pain-free life. Our chiropractor provides an integrated approach to healing and uses a variety of treatment methods that are unique to our patients.
Treatment for Back and Neck Pain
Our team at Bakke Chiropractic Clinic devise a treatment plan to alleviate pain from back and neck pain injuries. Our treatment methods include:
- Gonstead technique: When applying this technique, our first task is to locate the problematic area and then adjust its structures. This technique's main purpose is to realign your spine, suppressing pain and inflammation.
- Massage therapy: This technique focuses on your ligaments and muscles without directly targeting the spine. We use various massage techniques to loosen tension in muscles and break up scar tissue. This allows your body to heal naturally by promoting blood circulation.
- Graston technique: This is a manual treatment that uses a slight scraping motion that aids recovery from back and neck injuries. This technique assists in improving your range of movement and is great for soft tissue damage.
- Flexion-distraction treatment: This is a technique for conditions such as scoliosis, disc herniation, and joint dysfunction. It helps in stretching and aligning the spine and back, mitigating joint and back pain.
- Thompson technique: This technique uses a padded table to enhance spinal adjustments in a way that is easier for both the patient and the chiropractor. It's an ideal method of analyzing and fixing the spine.
Schedule Your Appointment Today
Our team of experts offers a variety of other techniques for back and neck pain and other injuries. At Bakke Chiropractic Clinic in Tacoma, WA, we can find a treatment method to alleviate your pain and prevent reoccurring injuries. All of our methods are natural, safe, and non-invasive. To learn more or to schedule an appointment, call us today.