Chiropractic Treatment for a Work Injury in Tacoma, WA
Whether you work in an office or on a construction site, work-related injuries can happen in almost any profession. Because of a work injury, you may be experiencing pain, difficulty with mobility, or even financial hardship because of time off of work. A chiropractor may be able to provide you with an effective treatment plan for your injuries. At Bakke Chiropractic Clinic in Tacoma, WA, we can provide individualized treatment for your specific injury.
What Is a Work Injury?
A work injury is any type of injury that occurs on the job or is related to the work a person does. Any injury, condition, or even illness that you experience while employed and that is related specifically to the tasks you perform at work could be considered a work injury.
What are Different Types of Work Injuries?
The following are several of the most common work-related injuries:
- Repetitive Use Injuries: This might include always lifting items the same way or keyboard injuries that occur in the wrist or elbow.
- Slips and Falls: Slipping, tripping, or falling are some of the most common types of injuries in all work environments.
- Strains and Sprains: A strain occurs when you overstretch or tear a tendon. A sprain is excessive stretching or tearing of a ligament.
- Automobile Accidents: Auto accidents that occur on the job can lead to a variety of injuries including broken bones and back or neck injuries.
- Caught or Stuck in Moving Machinery: This primarily occurs in construction or industrial types of jobs.
How Can a Chiropractor Help?
A skilled chiropractor has several methods available to help treat your injury. An experienced chiropractic professional can offer non-invasive techniques such as massage therapy and spinal decompression. For repetitive injuries, a chiropractor may use manual therapy, soft-tissue therapy, or joint mobilization. Ultrasound therapy may be used to break down internal scar tissue, while cold laser therapy is sometimes used to reduce pain and inflammation. A skilled chiropractor will take the time to thoroughly evaluate your condition and complete a health history when putting together the best treatment plan for your injury.
Why Choose Bakke Chiropractic Clinic?
At Bakke Chiropractic Clinic, our skilled chiropractor team has decades of experience. We will examine your injury and create a detailed treatment plan to specifically meet your needs. We provide several treatment options, including rehab therapy, cryotherapy, massage therapy, cold laser therapy, spinal decompression, and nutrition response testing. You don't need to live with the pain and frustration of a work injury any longer. Contact us at Bakke Chiropractic Clinic in Tacoma, WA, to schedule an appointment today.