Widespread Pain Can Be Minimized with Chiropractic Treatment
As one of the most common chronic conditions in existence, fibromyalgia is a disorder that affects approximately 10 million people in the United States. Given that it is a chronic condition that can be highly painful, many people are scrambling to find long-term solutions to this disorder. Luckily, chiropractors can offer you drug-free treatments to help relieve the symptoms of fibromyalgia for both the short and long-term. If you are a resident of Tacoma that is looking for treatment for fibromyalgia, our Tacoma chiropractor at Bakke Chiropractic Clinic can help you.
What is Fibromyalgia?
Fibromyalgia is a disorder that affects the musculoskeletal system and causes widespread pain. The most common symptoms of this condition include:
- Dull, throbbing, aching, or sharp pain or tenderness all over the body
- Muscle pain
- Sleep problems
- Depression or anxiety
- Morning stiffness
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Numbness or tingling in the hands, feet, arms, and legs
- Painful menstrual cramps
Probable Causes of Fibromyalgia
While there does not seem to be one specific cause of fibromyalgia, some of the most common contributing causes are the following:
- Genetics: One of the main contributing factors to fibromyalgia is genetics. You can get it from one or both of your parents.
- Diseases: Arthritis and certain infections cause this disorder.
- Gender: Although both genders can develop this condition, women are more likely to be diagnosed with fibromyalgia.
- Physical or Emotional Abuse: Children who have been physically or emotionally abused are more likely to develop this condition in adulthood.
- Sedentary Lifestyles: Those who are not active enough are more likely to develop this condition over time.
Chiropractic Treatment for Fibromyalgia
If you are looking for chiropractic treatment for fibromyalgia, we are here to help. One of the main ways we can help is by administering chiropractic adjustments. These adjustments are very effective in treating pain at pressure points in the neck, back, shoulders, and other joints. Moreover, they can also eliminate pain from headaches and other issues. Since fibromyalgia causes severe pain, many people with it stop moving, which affects their muscle tone. Our chiropractor will recommend several strengthening exercises to help prevent this issue. Our doctor will suggest lifestyle changes to help minimize the pain and help you control it without depending on medications.
Contact Bakke Chiropractic Clinic Today
You do not have to live with chronic pain. Fibromyalgia can be managed with chiropractic treatment. If you are in the Tacoma area and have fibromyalgia, get in touch with our staff at Bakke Chiropractic Clinic to schedule an appointment. We are here to help you get through this chronic pain. Call us today at 253-472-3365.