Boosting Your Immune System, the Natural Way
When most people come to Bakke Chiropractic Clinic in Tacoma for chiropractic treatment, they are usually looking for pain relief, increased flexibility, or rehabilitating an injury. However, chiropractic care offers many other benefits including boosting your body’s immunity. Our team can get you on the right treatment plan to help your immune system fight off illnesses.
How Is Immunity Related to the Spine?
Every function in your body is governed by your nervous system. This includes functions like fertility, digestion, and immune system. The health and alignment of your spine has an influence on your immune system directly and indirectly. Your brain communicates with the body via the spinal cord. A spine that is thrown out of alignment can compress nerves. Those nerves are no longer signaling your internal organs as they should. This can create a wide range of long-term consequences including depressing your immunity.
Indirectly, poor spinal alignment is a source of constant discomfort. It can lead to depression, poor sleep, and higher stress levels. All of these are unpleasant and can affect you in work and in your free time. In the longer term, this pain affects your immune system in two main ways:
- Your stress hormone levels will rise. High cortisol levels wreak havoc on many body processes including your immune system.
- You will be more sedentary than normal. If you are less active because of stiffness or too much pain, it can affect your ability to fight off illness.
What Treatments Can Help Increase Immunity?
The immune system is complex, so treatment may take some time to fully solve the issue. After our chiropractors look at your medical history and give you an evaluation, our team will suggest a combination of treatments that work well for you. Some of these treatments may inlcude:
- Spinal adjustments and decompression to increase mobility and nerve function.
- Massage therapy to relieve stress.
- Acupuncture to directly stimulate the immune system.
- Exercises to boost mood and lower cortisol levels.
- Diet changes or supplements like vitamin C to help your immune system function at its best.
It can take some time to see the full benefits of chiropractic treatment. You may need to be patient and go for multiple sessions. Your chiropractor can discuss the ideal schedule with you.
Do You Need Chiropractic Treatment in Tacoma?
At Bakke Chiropractic Clinic, we take a comprehensive, full-body approach to your health. This includes immediate treatment, long-term care to assure your recovery, and preventative therapies so you’ll enjoy better health in the future. Contact us at (253) 472-3365 to learn more about the services we offer and to book an appointment.